Packed with flavour, warming and nutritious
Cooking time: 40mins difficulty: easy serves: 4
150 g of soy curls
1 ½ cup of vegetable broth
3 dried bay leafs
½ onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red pepper, diced
3 small potatoes, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 can of chopped tomato
1 cup of peas
Salt and pepper to taste
1 nori sheet, broken into small pieces
1/3 cup of white miso paste
1 block firm tofu, cut into cubes
Dash of soy sauce
1. In a bowl, add the hot broth and the soy curls. Make sure that they are fully covered by water. Set aside and allow the curls to rehydrate for 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, in a large pot over medium heat, add a bit of olive oil (or water if avoiding oil) and cook the bay leafs for 1-2 minutes.
3. Then, add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent. Add the peppers and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the carrots and potatoes and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Strain the soy curls and squeeze out the excess broth (keep the broth for later use in this recipe). Then add them to the pan, with the chopped tomatoes and mix well to combine.
6. Add the green peas and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
7. Season to taste and some fresh parsley and serve.
The soy curls can be substituted by any mock meat of your choice. You could also omit it or just substituted by other vegetables.
I used vegan chicken broth but for extra “meaty” flavor.