Like eating in a restaurant
cooking time: 30mins difficulty: easy serves: 2
- 1 block extra-firm tofu - 2 tbsp cornstarch
Sauce: - 4 tbsp of soy sauce (tamari for GF) - 2 tbsp water - 2 tbsp coconut sugar - 1/2 tsp maple syrup - 1 clove garlic, minced - 1/2 tsp grated ginger - 1 tbsp rice vinegar - 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onions
1. Preheat oven to 200 ºC.
2. Drain the water from the tofu and use a clean cloth to absorb extra moist.
3. Place the tofu in a bowl with the cornstarch and mix together until well combined.
4. On a baking tray add the tofu and bake it for 30 minutes until crispy.
5. For the teriyaki sauce, add all ingredients to a small pot and whisk together until smooth. Bring to a boil and continue whisking until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
6. Pour the sauce on the tofu and mix together.
This dish is best served immediately, because the tofu will eventually lose its crispness as it sits.
The sauce can easily be made ahead of time.
The tofu can be served with rice or noodles with vegetables.