Sweet, hearty and chuncky
cooking time: 40mins difficulty: easy serves: 4
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 leek, finely diced
- 1 vegetable boullion cubes
- 5 cups of water
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow potato, cut into cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1tsp of curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot on high heat, sauté the onions with a splash of water until the onions lightly caramelized. Meanwhile, prepare the other vegetables.
2. Once the onions are lightly browned, add the garlic and leek, adding water if necessary. Sauté until the leeks soften.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until the potatoes are cooked, about 20 minutes.
4. Separate 1/4 of the soup and blend it. The mix all together.