"Clean out your fridge stir-fry"
cooking time: 30mins difficulty: easy serves: 2/3
-2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1/2 head of broccoli
-325 g of tofu sliced
- 250g of chinese noodles
For the sauce:
2 tbsp peanut butter ⠀
4 tbsp water ⠀
6 tbsp soy sauce⠀
4 tbsp maple syrup ⠀
2 tbsp sriracha
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a bowl, dilute the peanut butter in 2 tbsp water. ⠀ 2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
3. Pan fry the tofu with sesame oil ( 1 tbsp aprox.)
4. Add the vegetables in a pan with the rest of the sesame oil and fry them until they become golden.
5. Cook the noodles according to the instructions.
6. Add the noodles and the sauce to the pan with the vegetables and mix everything together.
7. Plate the noodles with the tofu and sprinkle some lime juice on the top.
You can play around with the veggies in your fridge you have to use up. The recipe works really well with any vegetable.