Super creamy and warming. Perfect for Autumn.
cooking time: 1h difficulty: medium serves: 2
-1 butternut squash
-2 large leeks diced
-6 cloves of garlic minced
-2 tbsp of minced ginger
-1 tbsp of turmeric
-1 tsp of cumin
-4 cups of vegetable broth
-1 can of full fat coconut milk
-2 tsp of salt
-1 can of chickpeas
-Fresh lime juice
- Pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven at 180º.
2. Remove the seeds from the squash and cut in half.
3. Place it in a baking tray and add some salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes or until it is soft.
4. Place the chickpeas in a baking tray and grill them for 30 minutes, stiring them half way through.
5. Add some water in a pan (in order to avoid oil) and add the leeks, ginger, garlic and turmeric. Cook for a few minutes and add the turmeric.
6. Add the vegetable broth, squash and salt and bring it to a boil.
7. Cook for about 10 minutes and add the can of coconut milk.
8. Add the lime juice on the top after serving.
This is one of my favourite soup recipes. The texture is super creamy and because the butternut squash was roastedm the flavours are really intense.
It can be used also on rice or even as a pasta sauce!