Nut free, quick and creamy
Cooking time: 30 min Diffitulty: easy Serves: 2
2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
300g of whole wheat pasta, or any pasta of your choice.
2 cups fresh basil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1 medium lemon, juiced
1/4 of nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200ºc and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
2. Add tomatoes to the baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil and a pinch each salt and pepper. Arrange cut side up and roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt. Once boiling add pasta of choice and cook according to package instructions. Then drain and set aside.
4. Make pesto by adding basil, garlic, sunflower seeds, lemon juice and nutritional yeast to a food processor and blending to combine. Stream in the olive oil until creamy and smooth.
5. Add cooked pasta and roasted tomatoes to a mixing bowl and top with pesto. Toss to combine and enjoy immediately.
Garnish with some parsley and vegan cheese (optional).