Heaven in your mouth
cooking time: 20mins difficulty: easy serves: 22
- ½ cup of aquafaba (water from chickpeas)
- 2/3 cups of cacao powder
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
-1 tsp of vanilla extract
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
For the coating:
- 200 g of vegan chocolate
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
1.In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: the cacao powder, the coconut sugar and the pinch of salt. 2. In a different bowl, mix the wet ingredients: the peanut butter, aquafaba and vanilla.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until they have consistency of biscuit dough.
4. Roll evenly into 22 balls (approx.).
5. When the truffles are set, add the dark chocolate to a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering hot water. Stir the dark chocolate continuously until all the pieces are very nearly melted.
6. Remove from the heat and stir.
7. Prepare a surface with some parchment paper ready for your truffles.
8. Move swiftly and dunk each individual truffle into the chocolate. I used two forks to do this to make things easier so the chocolate could drip off easily. Once each truffle has been dipped in chocolate, sprinkle on some sea salt.
9. Leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
This recipe can be easily adapted for different flavours, like orage zest.