Super delicious and filling red lentil soup
cooking time: 30 mins difficulty: easy serves: 2
- 2 small onions decided
- 1 large carrot decided
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of orange lentils
- 3 cups of spinach
1. Add the onions, carrots and celery in a soup pot with a bit of water to avoid sticking.
2. After 5 minutes, add the ginger, garlic and the rest of the spices.
3. Let it cook for a few minutes and then add the lentils, tomatoes, water and broth.
4. Bring it to a boil and add the spinach.
5. Let it simmer for about 35 minutes.
Add some fresh parsley or coriander and some lime juice.
The soup is really good by itself or even on some rice or quinoa.
Perfect to have with some pita bread.