Creamy and warming
cooking time: 30 mins difficulty: easy serves: 2
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- ½ chili
- 2 tomato tins
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of full fat coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp of basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the crispy chickpeas:
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp pf parsley
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
1. Place the chickpeas in a baking tray, add the spices and mix together. Bake them for 15 min (or until golden brown) at 200º.
2. Add a bit of water in a pan to avoid sticking and throw in the onionsm chili and garlic. Sauté until translucid. Add the tomato pure and stir until combined.
3. Add the carrots, the tomatoes, vegeatble stock and coconut milk.
4. Bring it to a boil and reduce to simmer. Let it cook for about 20 min,
5. Once is cooked, add the basil and season to taste. Blend the mixture and add the chickpeas on the top.
Add some chili flakes for a nice kick.