It's healthy, absolutely delicious and creamy
cooking time: 45mins difficulty: easy serves: 2
- 5 ½ cups of mushrooms
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ large onion, finely diced
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 5 springs of thyme, steams removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large warm pot, add a splash of water the garlic and onions. Cook them until they become soft, adding water if necessary to avoid sticking.
2. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir until they begin to release their natural juices and become fragrant.
3. Pour the vegetable broth and the coconut milk. Add the thyme and bring it to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, letting the flavors combine.
4. Scoop out half of the soup and blend it. Then put it back in the pot and enjoy.
This recipe is oil free but you can always substitute the water for oil or vegan butter.
It works as a soup but with rice or pasta is also absolutely delicious.
When blending you can add some soaked cashews for extra creaminess.