Creamy alfredo fettuccini
Rich, creamy and delicious
cooking time: 30mins difficulty: easy serves: 2
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 king oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of fresh rocket (optional)
- 500 ml of soy cream
- 200 g of fettuccine pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1tsp of dried oregano
- 1tsp of dried parsley
- 1 tsp of dried basil
1. Add pasta to a large pot of boiling, well-salted water and cook according to package instructions. Drain and cover to prevent drying.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, onions and garlic, stirring quickly to ensure it doesn’t burn. Then add the oyster mushrooms and cook them until they are slightly brown.
3. Stir in the broccoli, soy cream and spices and bring it to a simmer for 10 minutes or until the broccoli has soften. Then add the spinach and season to taste.
4. Once sauce is ready add the pasta and let it cook for 1-2 minutes to warm through and then serve with some freshly ground black pepper and rocket).