Comforting, rich and healthy
cooking time: 30mins difficulty: easy serves: 4
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red pepper, chopped
1 400ml tin of chopped tomatoes
1 can of chickpeas
3 tbsp of tomato paste
2 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of chili powder
¼ tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vegan worcestershire sauce
¼ cup of kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1 tbsp o coconut sugar
Fresh lime juice
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add a little bit of oil (or a splash of water if avoiding oil), onion, garlic and pepper.
2. Sauté for 5 minutes or until tender and slightly brown. Then add the tomato puree, the tin tomatoes, paprika, cumin, chili powder and cinnamon and stir to combine.
3. Bring it to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the chickpeas and olives and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
3. Add the vegetable broth, rosemary and thyme and bring it to a gentle simmer. Then, add the lentils and stir. Cook for 20 minutes or until the lentils and potatoes are cooked.
4. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
This recipe works with bread, pasta, rice or quinoa.
For extra spicy, add some cayene pepper or red chili flakes.