Comforting, spicy and warming
Cooking time: 30mins Difficulty: easy Serves: 2
2 big aubergines , chopped
300 g whole-wheat, or any pasta of your choice
4 cloves of garlic, minced
400 g tin of tomatoes
Infused chili and garlic olive oil*
3 dried chilies
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions while you peel and finely slice the garlic, then fry with the aubergine for 2 minutes.
2. Add the aubergine to a pan with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then turn the heat up to high, stirring regularly. Add the infused olive oil.
3. Pour in the tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Mix the pasta with the sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed.
* In order to make the infused olive oil, in a clean bottle add some cloves of garlic (I added 5) and dried chilies depending on your taste preference. I normally leave the oil infusing for one week. The oil can also be used for pizzas or baked veggies. You can also get creative and add herbs like rosemary or sage.
#veganpasta #veganfood #veganrecipe #easyrecipe #arrabiata #plantbased