I remember how my skin was always a struggle for me. I suffered from acne for many years. I used to convince myself that once adolescence was over my skin would be healthy and glowing. Let me tell you, it wasn’t the case. My skin didn’t get better and I even ended up taking Roaccutane! I don’t know if you are familiar with the drug, but the side effects of it are absolutely crazy. It is really harming for the body. I still can’t believe how I was able to do that. The problem was that I was ignoring the message that my skin was trying to give me. I kept on eating the same unhealthy diet and using hundreds of different products full of chemicals that were going inside my body.
When I started connecting with my inner-self, I realised that my skin was asking me for some love, real love. I empowered myself to pay close attention to my needs and not to what the industry told me that my skin and health required. Once I let go of al l that the media had taught me I needed to buy and do, in order to be beautiful and valuable, I set myself free and I started giving my body what it really deserved.
I wanna share with you the tips that allowed me to heal my skin from the inside out so you can glow and feel healthy as well:
1. Drink enough water:drink lots of water every day since the moment you get up. It is really important to keep your body hydrated. You can also include veggies and fruits that are high in water content like watermelons or cucumbers.
2. Exercise: moving your body in a way that feels good is going to help your cleanse out toxins and it will promote healthy blood flow, vital for a glowing skin.
3. Sleep: make sure that you sleep enough hours. Remember that while we sleep our body restores and repairs any damaged tissue. It is essential for healthy body and brain function. If you need some tips on how to improve your sleep hygiene, read this post.
4. Eat a healthy diet: eating a plant-based diet will benefit your skin and body in ways that you won’t believe! Nutrition plays a super important role in the health of our skin. Avoiding oils, sugars, processed foods, meat and dairy you’ll be one step closer to real healing. Read this if you need some help getting started with your plant-based diet.
5. Avoid chemical products on your skin:your skin is the largest organ of the body and it is full of pores that absorb anything that goes onto them. Taking this into account, makes sense that we need to be mindful of what we put on it. Choose natural products and go for minimal beauty to keep your skin and body as healthy as possible.
6. Avoid toxins like alcohol or cigarettes:I guess we all know that alcohol and smoking are harming habits for our body. However, sometimes we forget the effects on our skin. These toxins damage the tissues of the skin and clog the pores.
7. Don’t be afraid of oils!: I remember being terrified of using any product that had an oily texture. Because I had acne I thought that anything like that would make my skin oilier. Nontheless, it is far from that. With the right natural essential oils we can manage to balance the sebum of our skin, helping it return to a natural equilibrium.
8. Manage stress:yes! Stress can also affect our skin in a negative way. When our body feels under stress, a lot of its organs and functions get disrupted; Our skin is not an exception. Having healthy habits and rituals, can help you relax and find more peace. In this post I share some easy tips to help you reduce stress.